This weekend, my mom and I started Saturday off with out usual Kerbey Lane breakfast!(low calorie of course!, NOT! But well worth every bite!) After enjoying that breakfast we decided to make a commitment to one another to start trying to work out more and being a bit more conscious with our consumption, we shall see how that goes! To be honest, so far it is not going so hot for me! But I will try harder!
After breakfast we decided to take a stroll down South Congress to go to the 11th Annual Easter Dog Parade, so cute! At noon, there was a parade of people walking down the street with their dogs all dressed up in various Easter costumes. It was really adorable!


Then we took a break for lunch at Perla's Seafood and Oyster Bar. This restaurant is on South Congress and has an amazing porch! If you are ever in Austin and the weather is gorgeous like it was Saturday, I would highly recommend stopping by this restaurant.
Later that evening we walked from the Condo to a Greek restaurant on 6th street called, Athenian Bar & Grill. It was AWESOME! Havent had Greek food that good since Germany. It was a really fun environment and the service was great!

Sunday mom and I walked over 10 miles on Town Lake, boy were we exhausted! On one of our pit stops on our walk we stopped at the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf for some ice tea. While we were there, the Barista asked if we wanted to make a donate to Helping Hand Home for Children. We gave a donation and then I picked up a brochure to learn more about it. This is a therapeutic home for abused and neglected children. Of course after reading this brochure I was totally sold on their mission and have now decided that I would like to volunteer there. I have to wait until I get my bar results back in May (fingers crossed and prayers please!) and then I think I am going to contact the organization. If anyone has ever volunteered with this organization or knows more about it, I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences with this group.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

you had such a fun weekend! tell your mom happy birthday for me!!!!!!1 i love you! and GT YOUR EARS BETTER you selfless amazing creature you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day to spend outside on a patio! The 10 mile walk sounds crazy and the volunteering sounds just like you!! Hope all is well!
ReplyDeletei definitely had to do a press release on the Helping Hand organization for undergrad PR classes! From what I know, it is absolutely a fabulous organization! I know they do an annual big charity gala! Let me know if you decide to get involved! LOVE you trisha and miss you mucho :)
ReplyDelete